Sunday, November 8, 2009

waiting in line at the spice store

Yes, you read that right. I had to wait in line at the spice store. Fortunately for me and my toddler-daughter, they were prepared for us with a coloring station for little ones. Meanwhile, I was free to roam the displays of herbs, spices and salts...and to smell all of the different vanillas. My purpose for going into the store was to purchase vanilla. But which one to choose: regular, Mexican, or double strength Mexican? hmmm.... Or do I get the vanilla bean sugar? Or just a bottle of vanilla bean? Well, since my most pressing baking project was chocolate chip cookies, I settled on the single strength Mexican vanilla. So I took my selection to the rear of the store to pay, and to my surprise discovered no less than eight other customers waiting to do likewise...on a sunny Friday afternoon in early November. But then again, it was Penzeys, and soooooo worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment